THE SUNSHINE PLATEPosted 26 January 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Who needs the hassle of a long-haul flight to Florida, when you can tuck into Vitamin D by the forkful. Saucy Salmon is packed full of the stuff, to kick those winter blues into touch and leave your skin glowing.
This easy-peasy recipe pairs the delicate taste of salmon with a bold butternut squash side dish that’s guaranteed to brighten your day. But this is about more than taste. Did you know that the colour of your food can affect your mood too? Orange and yellow-hued nibbles are said to boost your brainpower and nurture positive ideas. So tuck in and remember – spring is just around the corner!
○ The Saucy Fish Co. Salmon with Rocket and Crème Fraiche Dressing
○ 1 butternut squash
○ ½ tsp sea salt
○ 3 large handfuls kale
○ 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
○ 2 cloves garlic
○ 2 yellow peppers
○ 100ml orange juice (carton is fine)
○ 2 tbsp smoked paprika
○ 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Pop your Saucy in the oven, preheated to 180°C
2. Chop your squash into tasty bite-sized pieces and add to a foil-covered tray
3. After your Saucy’s been in about 10 minutes, drizzle squash with a glug of olive oil
4. Roast squash for about 20 minutes
5. While that cooks away, cook up garlic, peppers, paprika, orange juice, peppers and rosemary on a low hob, then hand blend
6. Boil or steam your kale until soft, drain and then mix in with your blended sauce
7. Take out your piping hot squash and salmon, and serve up your big plate full of sunshine!