10 FIN-TASTIC FISH FACTSPosted 7 March 2019 by The Saucy Fish Co.
You might have noticed that we have a slight obsession with fish here at Saucy. In fact we live, eat and breathe fish which makes it difficult to hold down relationships.
But, to be honest, our obsession is justified. Fish are endlessly fascinating creatures with hidden depths even our trawlers can’t reach. Just to make the point, here’s ten things you might not know about our scaly superheroes:
1. Whales have belly buttons.
2. Dolphins sleep with one eye open and only half their brain sleeps at a time.
3. Cuttlefish males disguise themselves as females to get past competitors.
4. There are more species of fish than all amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals combined.
5. Lobsters have teeth in their stomachs.
6. Fish have been seen using tools – such as hitting a clam with a rock to get it open.
7. The ‘immortal jellyfish’ can turn itself back into a baby when it faces dangers such as starvation.
8. The Pacific Barreleye has a transparent head.
9. Goldfish see more colours than humans.
10. The female halibut can produce as many as 2 million eggs.
(Fact 11: fish are very tasty)