SMOKED HADDOCK KEDGEREEPosted 5 July 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
In need of a breakfast recipe, to cure your hangover and compliment a cuppa? We can sort you out, with this wholesome Smoked Haddock Kedgeree that is jam-packed with flavour! Yes miracles really do happen and this Smoked Haddock kedgeree is about to save your life.
Recipe below: Serves 4
○ 4 Saucy Frozen Smoked Haddock fillets with Cheddar and Chive Sauce, defrosted
○ 300g basmati rice
○ 300ml milk
○ 4 eggs
○ 1 large onion
○ 1 tsp ground turmeric
○ 2 bay leaves
○ 1 chilli, cut into fine slices
○ 50g peas
○ Handful torn up parsley
○ Vegetable oil
What you need to do:
1. Heat oil in a large pan and add the onion, frying for 5 mins. Add the turmeric and bay leaves, and fry for a further 2 mins.
2. Add rice and 600ml of water to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cover for 10 mins. Add in peas, and cook for a further 2 mins.
3. Meanwhile, put the Smoked Haddock and bay leaves in a frying pan. Cover with the milk, and poach for 10 mins. Remove the haddock fillets from milk and cut into small pieces.
4. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add in the four eggs, then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins. Cool by plunging into cold water.