SMOKED HADDOCK AND CLOUD EGGSPosted 5 July 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
How do you like your eggs in the morning? I like mine with a fish!
Yes, we’ve got another one for you! Another brilliant dish to help you kiss bland breakfasts goodbye (yes we’re talking about you, dried toast and soggy cereal).
Our Smoked Haddock and cloud eggs recipe is packed with protein and flavour and will leave you feeling like a pro-chef, without too much hard labour!
You will need: Serves 2
○ 2 eggs
○ 2 Saucy Smoked Haddock fillets with Cheddar and Chive Sauce
○ 3 slices of streaky bacon, cut into small pieces
○ 50g of grated cheese
○ A handful of spinach
○ Black pepper
What you need to do:
1. Place 2 smoked haddock fillets into a pre-heated oven (180°C) and cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until done. Meanwhile, separate your eggs and set the 2 yolks aside.
2. Whisk the egg whites and carefully fold in the grated cheese and streaky bacon.
3. Use the whisked egg mixture to create two small, raised circles on a baking try, on top of non-stick parchment paper. Make a well in the middle of each circle so you can add in the yolk later.
4. Put the egg mixture in the oven for approximately 5/6 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the yolks into the two wells, then put the baking tray back into the oven for approximately 3 minutes.
5. To finish, heat up your Cheddar and Chive Sauce in a pan and then stack up your breakfast. Begin with a handful of spinach, then place the haddock fillet on top, drizzling the cheddar and chive sauce on top. Finish by delicately placing the cloud eggs on top… and enjoy.