SHAKE YOUR POM POMS THIS NOVEMBERPosted 2 November 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
The days are getting shorter, but our menus are getting longer. With so many delicious fruits and vegetables coming into season why not try some fab new flavours this November – like the two fabulouuuus flavours we’ve lined up below.
‘Winter is coming!’ And so is fennel. Rich with medicinal properties, fennel is both high in fibre and vitamin C so it is definitely one to add to the shopping list! It adds a unique, fresh flavour to any salad and is a sublime accompaniment to fish, if you also want to get in that vitamin sea.
Shake your pom poms this November and add some pomegranate to your diet! This super fruit is another seasonal gem. The ruby kernels are bursting with flavour and full of antioxidants. Here at Saucy we’re o-fish-ally obsessed with this seasonal salad that combines the two.
You will need:
○ 2 Saucy Fish Co. frozen Salmon and Cod fishcakes with Heavenly Hollandaise Sauce
○ 2 fennel bulbs (thinly sliced)
○ ½ cup of pomegranate kernels
○ 2 cups of spinach
○ ½ cup of toasted walnuts
○ ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
○ 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
○ Salt and pepper
1. Wilt the spinach and mix in the pomegranate seeds, fennel and toasted walnuts.
2. Pop the fishcakes in the oven for 20 minutes then place on top.
3. Mix together the oil, lemon, salt and pepper and drizzle over.
4. Wait for the ‘oh my cod’ comments from friends.