DR. SARAH SCHENKER’S TOP 5 FISH TIPSPosted 5 May 2016 by The Saucy Fish Co.
The Saucy Fish Co.’s dietitian, Dr Sarah Schenker, shares her top 5 reasons to enjoy more fish, more often:
1. Did you know a healthy diet should consist of two portions of fish per week? Make sure you’re eating enough fish; there are so many different types of seafood available and a whole host of amazing recipes out there so there’s no excuse to be missing out on your recommended fish in-take.
2. Oily fish, such as salmon, is rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids, which are essential for good mental health, brain function, energy production and to keep you heart healthy.
3. Salmon is also a great post gym snack as the protein helps to reduce inflammation, regulate insu-lin levels and support joints. The Saucy Fish Co.’s Ready to Eat range of salmon fillets and com-plimentary sauces are all precooked so ideal if you’re looking for protein on-the-go.
4. There are many benefits from eating fish including improving your appearance. Fish contains nu-trients that are needed for healthy hair, strong nails and smooth skin.
5. Struggling to get the little ones to eat fish? Take them to the supermarket or fishmongers with you and get them to choose which products they want to try. If you involve them in the process they may be more inclined to try the end result.