PUMPKIN SPICE AND ALL THINGS NICE!Posted 2 November 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Another month, another recipe! What better way to start off November than to spice it up with a warming winter soup?
Gather your leftover pumpkins from Halloween to make this scarily tasty fish dish! This quick and easy recipe will have your guest’s gill-ing you for the Saucy, secret ingredient!
You will need:
○ 2 tablespoons of olive oil
○ 1 chopped onion
○ 1kg of diced pumpkin
○ 750ml of vegetable stock
○ 2x The Saucy Fish Co. frozen Smoked Haddock fillets with Cheddar and Chive Sauce
○ 2 minced garlic cloves
○ ½ a small red chilli
○ coriander to garnish
○ sprinkle of salt and pepper
1. In a large pan heat the olive oil with the salt, pepper, garlic and chilli. Add the onions to the pan, cover and then simmer on a low heat until they brown or start to soften.
2. Add the diced pumpkin to the pan and leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes. Keep stirring to prevent sticking!
3. Add the vegetable stock, raise to a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer. Leave to cook for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is mushy.
4. Meanwhile, put the 2 haddock fillets into a pre-heated oven (180°C) and leave for 24 minutes. Once done chop the fillets into chunks.
5. Purée the soup until smooth, or chunky, if that’s how you roll. Add the haddock, the Cheddar and Chive Sauce and season with salt and pepper if needed. To garnish, sprin-kle the coriander on top and serve with a crusty bread roll.