20 MINUTE TERIYAKI RICE BOWLPosted 8 February 2020 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Looking for a 20 minute recipe that is filling and tasty? This teriyaki rice bowl recipe is ideal for a quick and easy midweek meal and includes plenty of wholesome veggies.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
○ 180g of uncooked brown rice
○ 700ml of vegetable stock
○ 1 tsp of rice vinegar
○ 2 cloves of garlic
○ A thumb of ginger
○ 140g of bok choy
○ 1 carrot
○ 1 red onion
○ 2 chillies
○ Handful of sesame seeds
○ 1 spring onion
○ Olive oil
1. Bring ⅔ of the vegetable stock to the boil in a saucepan and add the rice. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Once cooked, turn off the heat, but leave the lid on to steam the rice.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C and place your two basa fillets inside for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Trim the ends of the bok choy and rinse.
4. Finely mince fresh garlic and ginger and place in a frying pan with oil. Once they become golden, add the bok choy and toss for 15 seconds.
5. Add your remaining vegetable stock to the pan, covering the bok choy and cooking for 1 minute.
6. Prepare your vegetables by shredding the carrot and dicing the red onion, radishes, chilli and spring onion.
7. Place your cooked rice into two bowls and add the bok choy and raw vegetables. Place a basa fillet on top of each bowl.
8. Heat your teriyaki sauce in a mug of boiling hot water, then drizzle over the top of the fish and finish with sesame seeds.