SMOKED FISH WITH A CHARRED GREEN SALADPosted 8 February 2020 by The Saucy Fish Co.
This smoky fish recipe promises to add plenty of colour to your midweek meal, combining a fish fillet with perfectly-charred lettuce, blanched green beans, cherry tomatoes and radishes.
Prep and Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for dish:
○ A handful of cherry tomatoes
○ 2 gem lettuces
○ 200g green beans
○ A handful of radishes, diced
○ ½ a red onion
○ Juice of half a lemon
○ Crusty bread for serving
○ Salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place your two smoked fillets into the oven for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
2. Halve your gem lettuces lengthways, and then halve again. Brush the cut sides of the lettuce with oil and season. Griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side, until charred. Drizzle lemon juice over to the top.
3. Set out a bowl of cold water. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the green beans, boiling for approximately 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately plunge into the cold water.
4. Prepare your salad by dicing radishes, tomatoes and red onions. Combine the cold salad ingredients with the charred lettuce and green beans and plate up.
5. Place the cheddar and chive sauce in a mug of boiling water, until it's piping hot.
6. Place your cooked smoked basa fillets on top of your salad and pour the cheddar and chive sauce over the top. Serve with crusty bread.