SEA BASS WITH KIMCHI FRIED RICEPosted 8 February 2020 by The Saucy Fish Co.
This delicious sea bass recipe is sure to add plenty of flavour to your dinner plate. It also works as a basic kimchi recipe, for those looking to add this staple Korean vegetable into their diet.
Prep and Cooking time: 30 minutes
○ 2 cloves of garlic
○ Thumb of ginger, finely sliced
○ 150g of sugar snap peas
○ 100g of kimchi
○ 220g of rice
○ Sesame seeds for topping
○ 3 cayenne peppers, thinly diced
○ Olive oil
Dressing ingredients (if making your own sauce)
○ 175ml of soy sauce
○ 1 tablespoons of rice vinegar
○ 1 teaspoon of chilli paste
○ 1 teaspoon of honey
○ 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 180C then place the two sea bass fillets in for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked though.
2. Boil rice as per packet instructions to soften.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and saute for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add the rice, diced cayenne peppers, sugar snap peas and kimchi to the pan, then combine all ingredients. Fry for 5-8 minutes, until the rice and kimchi are browned and fragrant. Remove from heat and top with sesame seeds.
5. Next, make your sweet soy and chilli sauce. Gather your soy sauce, rice vinegar, chilli paste, grated ginger and honey, and place in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir together all ingredients in a pan to heat and combine.
6. Once your sauce is ready, dish out your kimchi fried rice mixture and top with cooked sea bass. Pour your finished sauce over the top of each fillet and sprinkle some sesame seeds over the top.