OKAY, LET’S HAVE SOME POKEPosted 7 June 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Guess what? This week we’ve been back in the Saucy kitchen cooking up a storm. We’ve whipped up four new, delicious and super-fashionable recipes for you to wow with and your next gathering!
But patience, good things come to those who wait, so we’ll be sharing one recipe with you every month over Summer! Starting with this oh so delish poke bowl. Don’t try to fight the dribble, it’s impossible…!
What you will need:
What you’ll need:
○ 200g of sushi rice
○ 2 tsp of rice wine vinegar
○ 2 salmon fillets with Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing
○ Sliced radish
○ 1 avocado, sliced
○ 180g red cabbage
○ Half a cucumber, thinly sliced
○ 160g edamame beans
○ 1 chilli, finely sliced
○ Chilli sauce
○ 1 lime
○ Black sesame seeds
What to do:
1. Place the salmon in the oven for 28 mins. Once cooked through, remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, put your rice in a bowl and cover with cold water. Massage with hands to remove the starch, then drain and place in a saucepan. Cover with cold water and cook on a medium heat for 10 mins, placing a lid on the pan.
3. Remove the rice from the heat and leave to steam with the lid on for another 15 mins, then add in the rice wine vinegar.
4. Begin to assemble the poke bowls by adding a mound of rice into two bowls, and then place a salmon fillet on top of each. Top each with half an avocado, sliced cucumber, sliced radishes, red cabbage, a handful of edamame beans and sliced chilli.
Drizzle your Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing over the top of the fillet and sprinkle black sesame seeds over everything. Finish with a little coriander, for garnish.