KEDGEREEPosted 3 October 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Are you ready for the showstopper of all brunches? A simple Saucy recipe that will leave your brunch guests bowled over. Introducing... the smoked haddock kedgeree! *Pause for applause*
Ingredients: Serves 2
○ 4 fillets of The Saucy Fish Co.’s Smoked Haddock with a Vintage Cheddar and Chive Sauce
○ 120g Basmati Rice
○ 50g Butter
○ 1 White Onion
○ 1 tbsp. curry powder
○ 1 fresh green chilli
○ 10g Coriander
○ 2 Quail eggs
1. Place rice in pan and cover with cold water.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer for pack recommended time.
1. Dice onion.
2. In a separate pan melt the butter until foaming add in the diced onion and cook for approximately 5 minutes until softened stirring occasionally.
3. Add curry powder to the pan and continually stir for 5 minutes so curry powder is cooked.
4. Defrost and dice the Saucy Smoked Haddock and add to the pan gently stir occasionally for approximately ten minutes.
5. Once rice is cooked, strain through sieve
6. Add the strained rice to the pan gently mixed together until the curry is combined with the rice. Heat and then add the Saucy Cheddar and Chive sauce.
1. Fill pan with water and bring to the boil.
2. Carefully place quail eggs in pan of hot water and boil for two minutes.
3. Once out of the water run under cold water until completely chilled.
1. Spoon kedgeree onto plate garnish with diced chilli and chopped coriander.
2. Half quail egg and place on top of rice mixture.
3. Serve with crispy parmesan Tuile.