HOW TO MAKE A SWEET POTATO ROSTIPosted 6 Oct 2019 by The Saucy Fish Co.
How do you turn a meal into a feast? With a good side dish of course, and one of our favourite side dishes in the entire world is the rosti.
Your rosti has slightly more class than a mash. Its textures are more interesting than a boiled potato and you can also pack them with interesting ingredients that take the average root vegetable to another level.
For extra healthiness and flavour we’ve put together a sweet potato rosti recipe that was born to share a plate with our smoked haddock fillets and sauce. Make tonight’s mealtime a feast of flavours by trying it out.
Sweet potato rosti with smoked haddock
○ 2 Saucy Smoked Haddock fillets with Cheddar and Chive Sauce, available from Ocado and Sainsbury’s
○ 2 large sweet potatoes
○ 1 small onion, finely chopped
○ 2 large carrots
○ 2 large eggs, beaten
○ Generous handful of spinach
○ 2 small vines of tomatoes
○ Olive oil
○ Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Add vine tomatoes to a baking dish. Drizzle them lightly with olive oil and season. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.
2. Place potatoes and carrots in lightly salted water for 10 minutes. Drain, peel and then coarsely grate.
3. Put smoked haddock fillets on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Season and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until flaky.
4. Add the potatoes, carrots, sliced onion and the beaten eggs to a bowl, and season.
5. Divide mixture into four large rostis. Add some oil to a pan and place in the rostis, cooking two at a time. Cook on a low heat for 5/6 minutes. Flip, then cook for the same amount of time on the other side.
6. Add some oil to a second pan and wilt the spinach for 1-2 minutes, then stack ingredients. Begin with the rosti, then add spinach and smoked haddock. Heat your Cheddar and Chive Sauce in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes, then drizzle over your fish. Add vine roasted tomatoes to the side of the plate and tuck in!