HEALTHY PANCAKES!? YES, IT IS POSSIBLEPosted 29 February 2019 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Christmas, New Year, Valentine’s Day... is anyone else getting sick of the sugar and craving something fresh and savoury? We’ve got just the thing for you this Pancake Day! Savoury buckwheat pancakes, with salmon and asparagus.
A delectable dish that can be enjoyed in the morning or post work –plus, it’s super healthy so you don’t need to worry about digging in for a few extra helpings.
This recipe is gluten free and can be made diary free if you replace the milk with a dairy-free alternative.
○ 2 Salmon with Chilli, Lime and Ginger fillets
○ 200g buckwheat flour
○ 250ml of semi-skimmed milk (or dairy free alternative such as almond milk)
○ 2 eggs
○ 3 tbsp of chopped chives
○ 1 lemon
○ Tsp of butter
○ Salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C. Rub a little oil over your salmon fillets, wrap in foil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until mouth-wateringly flaky.
2. Combine the eggs, milk and salt & pepper in a bowl, then whisk. Begin to sift in the flour, stirring as you add. Sprinkle chives into the mixture.
3. Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, so it covers all the pan. Pour some of the mixture into the pan, enough to make a small to medium sized pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture starts to bubble. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until pancake is golden brown. Set aside. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
4. Drop your asparagus into slightly salted boiling water, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
5. Remove salmon from oven and season with salt & pepper. Stack the pancakes and the asparagus, placing the salmon fillet on top. Sprinkle extra chives and a squeeze of lemon over the dish. Finish with a delicious drizzle of the Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing.
Pick up your Salmon with Chilli, Lime and Ginger from Ocado today!