A FISHY BREKKIE FOR GOOD FRIDAYPosted 4 April 2019 by The Saucy Fish Co.
We all love a succulent fish supper on Good Friday, but what if you can’t wait until dinner time to serve up that sea-rious goodness? Well the answer is simple. Have it for brekkie as well!
Try out simple Smoked Haddock Kedgeree, with a Cheddar and Chive Sauce. It offers all the flaky, yoke-y, spicy goodness your heart could desire.
Important note: this recipe promises to tackle any bank holiday hangover or compliment any cuppa.
○ 4 Saucy Smoked Haddock fillets with Cheddar and Chive Sauce
○ 300g basmati rice
○ 300ml milk
○ 4 eggs
○ 1 large onion
○ 1 tsp ground turmeric
○ 2 bay leaves
○ 1 chilli, cut into fine slices
○ 50g peas
○ Handful torn up parsley
○ Vegetable oil
1. Heat oil in a large pan and add the onion, frying for 5 mins. Add the turmeric and bay leaves, and fry for a further 2 mins.
2. Add rice and 600ml of water to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cover for 10 mins. Add in peas and cook for a further 2 mins.
3. Meanwhile, put the smoked haddock and bay leaves in a frying pan. Cover with the milk and poach for 10 mins. Remove the haddock fillets from milk and cut into small pieces.
4. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add in the four eggs, then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins. Cool by plunging into cold water.
5. Heat your sauce in a pan of boiling water for four minutes. Once sauce is heated, peel the boiled eggs and cut into quarters. Combine the fish, eggs, rice and peas together. Add the sliced chilli and drizzle the Cheddar and Chive sauce over the top. Sprinkle a little parsley before serving.