EASY PEASY MEAL PREPPosted 11 January 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Take the hassle out of eating well, by planning ahead. That means no reaching for the biscuits around 3pm when you’re getting hangry. But who has the time?
Well, what if I told you that in 20 minutes tops, you could have all your lunches for the week made, packed with goodness, and tastier than any store-bought salad. Let’s go!
All you need is two packs of your favourite Saucy from our Ready to Eat range, divided into 5 lunchboxes. And to accompany it, we have two salads to take you through the week. Take your pick of one for each day or combine the two for a real flavour fiesta!
Cauli ‘rice’ Tabbouleh
○ ½ medium head of cauliflower (about 1 pound), coarsely chopped
○ 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
○ 2 cups (packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
○ 1 cup (packed) mint leaves
○ 2 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, sliced
○ 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
○ 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
○ 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
○ ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
○ ½ medium cucumber (about 8 ½ inch long), cut into ¼ inch pieces
○ 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
1. Grate cauliflower in a food processor or with... a grater!
2. Transfer to a large, microwave-safe bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp. oil and ¼ tsp. salt.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes.
4. Mix parsley, mint, scallions, garlic, lemon zest and a little oil – blend with a food processor if you prefer.
5. Add the cauliflower, cucumber and tomatoes and gently toss. Season to taste!
Three Bean Spinach Salad
○ 1 tin each of kidney beans, butter beans and cannellini beans
○ 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
○ Large handful of spinach
For the dressing:
○ 3 tablespoons vinegar
○ 1 tablespoon olive oil
○ 1 clove garlic – crushed
○ Juice of ½ a lemon
1. Drain and rinse your beans.
2. Combine with tomatoes, chopped in half.
3. Add spinach and toss in the dressing - that’s it!