BROCCOLI... THIS IS YOUR TIME TO SHINEPosted 30 November 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
A staple on the Christmas dinner plate, but never quite getting the credit it deserves… this year we’re giving the dependable and nutritional broccoli the limelight it’s been longing for. How? We’ve crafted a recipe so darn tasty, the turkey will be taking a backseat.
But, hold your horses, before we tell you how we are going to glam up this green veggie, we’ll share some of its finest nutritional benefits.
1. It’s low in calories… which pretty much means you’re allowed to eat a lot more of it.
2. It’s rich in essential vitamins and minerals, in addition to fibre.
3. It’s full of Vitamin C which helps to build collagen, which in turn forms body tissue and bone, and helps cuts and wounds heal.
And now, the main event. The recipe: (Serves 6 as a side)
○ 2 broccoli heads
○ 5 tbsp. olive oil
○ 2 head cauliflower
○ 1 orange
○ 1 lemon
○ 1 tbsp. chopped parsley leaves
○ Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 225°C.
2. Toss together broccoli with oil, pinch of salt and pepper on a tray. On another tray, toss together cauliflower with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes.
4. Meanwhile grate ½ tsp of orange peel and squeeze ¼ cup or orange juice into medium bowl. Into same bowl, grate ¼ tsp of lemon peel and squeeze 2 tbsp. of lemon juice. Whisk in 2 tbsp. of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Arrange broccoli and cauliflower on serving platter. Whisk dressing again and drizzle all over dish. Garnish with parsley.