CHEER UP WITH SAUCYPosted 4 September 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Well the summer’s over and we’re all getting back to our old routines.
It’s easy to feel down but we don’t do depressed here at Saucy, so here’s a few fishy reasons why we should all be feeling brighter when the evenings get darker.
1. Say goodbye to sleepless summer nights when you feel like a poached cod under your duvet
2. What’s better than a warm Saucy meal after a cold day?
3. Our smoked haddock goes perfectly with that Autumn bonfire smell.
4. You won’t look like a lobster after two minutes in the sun.
5. If your freezer breaks down, you can always store your Saucy Fish outside.
6. You’re not on holiday which means you can eat your own meals – Saucy naturally.
7. Rain gives us all something to talk about with strangers on the freezer aisle.
8. Halloween means the chance to dress up like a swordfish – best fancy dress ever.
9. It’s more fun snuggling up after dinner in your comfortable jumper.
Cheer yourself up further with a fish recipe that has a real sunny Mediterranean vibe:
Sea bass with cherry tomatoes
Recipe serves 4
○ 4 Saucy sea bass fillets
○ 1 shallot, thinly sliced
○ 2 chopped garlic cloves, chopped
○ 250 gms cherry tomatoes
○ ½ cup chopped green olives
○ 1 tablespoon olive oil
○ Salt and pepper
○ Chopped fresh basil
Combine the shallot, garlic, tomatoes, olives, and oil and season with salt and pepper. Put fish in a glass baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Scatter tomato mixture over fish and broil until fish is opaque and tomatoes start to burst, 10–13 minutes. Scatter basil on top.