OH MY COD, WE’RE MSC CERTIFIEDPosted 3 August 2017 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Oh my cod! We’re super excited here at Saucy HQ as North Sea Cod has o-fish-ally been MSC certified, meaning you can buy your local cod in confidence.
We’d like to give a big Saucy round of applause to all the fishermen, scientists and fishery managers for their tremendous efforts in making this happen.
Together we’re helping to protect the life of our oceans for generations to come. Keep an eye out for the ‘blue tick’ label when shopping for cod, indicating that your delicious fish has come from a sustainable source.
You need a recipe to go with this MSC certified, so of course we are going to give you one...
Ingredients, serves 2:
○ x2 cod fillets
○ ½ red onion
○ 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
○ 1 tbsp soy sauce
○ 1 tbsp caster sugar
○ 1 sprig of thyme
○ A splash of olive oil
○ Sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper
1) Season the raw cod fillets with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, then simply place on baking tray and pop in a pre-heated oven at 180°C, for around 15 minutes
2) Finely dice the onion before frying off in some olive oil. Sprinkle with caster sugar and wait a minute for it to caramelise (and smell fin-tastic)
3) Add the tomatoes and soy sauce to the pan and sprinkle with thyme before mixing everything together, leaving to cook for two minutes
4) Remove the cod from the oven and cover in the warm tomato and thyme dressing. Then all that’s left to do is to serve up with your favourite summer salad – we recommend a butterbean and olive medley for a fresh, Mediterranean twist.