THAI TRIVIAPosted 2 November 2017 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Our Thai takeover would not be complete without some in-Thai-resting trivia about the wonderful country that has inspired our latest product.
We have rounded up some of our favourite facts below – so store them in the memory bank and pull them to impress at your next works-do or social gathering...
1. In Thailand, you will find some of the world’s smallest and the largest creatures. The smallest mammal in the world, the bumblebee bat, calls Thailand home, whilst the largest fish, the whale shark, resides in Thai waters.
2. The word Thailand means, ‘land of the free’.
3. It is illegal to step on Thai currency.
4. The Thai alphabet has 32 vowels and 44 consonants.
5. The full name of Bangkok - Thailand’s capital city - is “Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.” (You might need to write that one down)