SAUCY CHEF TOP THAI TIP: NOODLESPosted 2 November 2017 by The Saucy Fish Co.
November is for noodles!
The days are becoming darker and colder, so what does that mean? CARBS. Lots and lots of tasty carbs, to make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
It is no secret that Thailand produces some of the best noodle dishes around, so that is exactly what we’ll be serving up this month. Extra peanuts, extra chilli flakes, extra SAUCINESS.
What you will need:
○ 200-250g dried medium rice noodles
○ 2 eggs
○ 2 tbsp sunflower oil
○ 2-4 garlic cloves, crushed
○ 1 small onion, finely chopped
○ 1 red or green Thai chilli, seeded and finely chopped
○ 200g bean sprouts1 tbsp soy sauce, or to taste
○ 2 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
○ 1 tbsp lime juice
○ Chill flakes
○ 30g roasted peanut halves
Soak the rice noodles in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan with oil and add the crushed garlic, onion and chilli, stir-frying for a minute.
Pour the eggs into the wok and stir until lightly scrambled. Add the drained noodles and 4 tbsp. of water. Add the bean sprouts, soy sauce, fish sauce and limejuice, and stir-fry with the noodles and eggs for 2 minutes.
Remove the wok from the heat, add peanuts and chilli flakes... and serve!