£1 OFF FROZEN SAUCY SALMON AND BASA AT TESCO STORESPosted 15 January 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
If you go down to the freezer aisle you’re sure of a big surprise…
If you go down to the freezer aisle at Tesco stores nationwide…
Ok, so January’s too chilly for picnic time with teddy bears... fish... or us for that matter – but we couldn’t help ourselves; this deal is seriously something to sing about!
Start 2018 as you mean to go on – by being seriously cool, with a little help from the fabulous fork at Tesco and the freedom of fuss-free frozen Saucy fish. Did you know that frozen food (all the taste, no waste) is a big foodie trend for 2018? Of course you did – and it’s about to get cooler.
For just £3 at Tesco stores nationwide, you can pick up two varieties of our perfectly paired fish and sauce! That’s a whopping £1 off the usual price.
But the million pound question... which to pick? Tantalise your taste buds with a zingy little Oriental number: Salmon and Chilli, Lime and Ginger or our boldly-flavoured Basa with Asian BBQ Sauce... SPOILER ALERT: the answer is treat yourself to both - they’re too good to miss! AND both go for freezer to fork in less than 30 minutes.
But HURRY – this amazing offer’s only on from Wednesday January 17th to Monday 29th, so shimmy on down to that freezer aisle pronto.
The Saucy Fish Co. frozen range is ready when you are. That means with Saucy fish in your freezer, you can ditch the trolley dash or the epic recipe hunt – just pop the oven on, choose a bit on the side and get back to being a trendsetter.
So because you are so cool – we’ve compiled some saucy suggestions to accompany your easy-peasy dinner using some more thrilling 2018 food trends for inspiration...
Turmeric Sweet Potatoes – a smash-hit with Salmon and Chilli, Lime and Ginger
Authentic Middle-Eastern flavours are bigger than ever, so try some fusion cooking in your own kitchen with this simple lip-smacking side.
○ 2 medium sweet potatoes
○ 2 tablespoons turmeric
○ 2 tablespoons garam masala (optional but delish)
○ Salt and pepper, to taste
○ 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Peel sweet potatoes and chop into bite-sized chunks.
3. Place potatoes in a large bowl, with olive oil to lightly cover. Add spices, herbs, salt, and pepper. Then mix!
4. Pop the potatoes on a sprayed baking sheet or foil.
5. Cook for 45-60 minutes and serve up with your salmon.
6. Quick ‘n fiery kimchi slaw - b-e-a-utiful with Basa with Asian BBQ Sauce.
Fermented foods are good for your gut, and a real trip for your tastebuds. Whip this up in no time, and leave in the fridge to enjoy for up to a fortnight – we think it gets even better after a few days!
○ 4 spring onions
○ 2 grated carrots
○ 6 radishes
○ 1 tbsp sugar
○ 3 tbsp chilli paste (we recommend sriracha sauce!)
○ 2 tbsp fish sauce
○ 3 cloves garlic - minced
1. Slice cabbage into chunky strips.
2. Mix with a teaspoon of sea salt, then set aside for 1 hr.
3. Make your kimchi paste by blending the garlic, fish sauce, chilli sauce, sugar and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
4. Put your cabbage into a large bowl and toss with the paste and some radish, carrot and spring onion.
5. Enjoy right away with your BBQ Basa and pack the rest into a large jar, seal and leave to ferment at room temperature overnight, then pop it in the fridge.