HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT FISH BATTERPosted 4 April 2019 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Fish and chips are a firm British favourite but whipping up your own delicious batter at home can be a great alternative to visiting your local chippy. Frankies Fish Bar owner, Chris Webb, shares his top tips for creating the perfect batter.
Sit back, tune in, then serve up a hearty homemade portion of fish and chips from your kitchen.
○ Self-raising flower
○ Additional ingredients: Darker ale, soda water, chilli powder, paprika
1. Put flour in the bottom of the mixing bowl, add the water and stir.
2. If you want a little more flavour, try adding a few drops of darker ale or soda water into the mixture. For a little more spice, you can add paprika or chilli powder.
3. Coat your cod in a little bit of flour, then lower the fish into your homemade batter and ensure its evenly coated. Once the fish is fully coated, put it into your fryer
4. Fry at 180°C for approximately 7 or 8 minutes
Sounds simple right? Let us hand over to Chris from Frankies Fish Bar, to explain exactly how it’s done...