MIX IT UP THIS PANCAKE DAYPosted 26 January 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Plain old pancake day, said no one – ever. When Shrove Tuesday rolls around, the pre-made batter flies off the shelves like hot (pan)cakes and the ‘ultimate topping’ conversation gets fierce.
In fact, you can tell a lot about a person by their pancake weapon of choice. Lemon and sugar? Timeless and reliable. Banana and chocolate spread? Oh you’re sweet enough. Salmon with Lemon and Maple Sauce? Oh you are just so SAUCY!
Sweet ‘n Savoury Stateside Salmon Pancakes
○ Ready to Enjoy Sicilian Lemon and Dill Mayo
For the pancakes:
○ 100g plain flour
○ 1 egg
○ 220ml milk (or buttermilk if you’re feeling fancy)
○ 1 tsp sugar
○ 1 tbsp baking powder
For the maple cream drizzle:
○ 1 tbsp butter
○ 3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and sugar
2. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the milk, then add the egg and melted butter – beat till smooth
3. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and lightly grease with butter or vegetable oil
4. Cook your pancake until you see bubbles on the surface. Then… FLIP! Or in the immortal words of that ancient proverb: mix, fry, flip, repeat
5. Heat a pan of butter, and slowly add your maple syrup till melted. We dare you to not lick the spoon at this point
6. Make a big thick stack and serve with your delicately-placed (just kidding) lipsmacking mound of Saucy fish served hot or cold, with a devilish dollop of maple cream drizzle. If Saucy did pancakes... oh wait – you just did!