NATIONAL SEAFOOD WEEK IS UPON US!Posted 3 October 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Is it that time again, already?!? From 5th to 12th October 2018, we will be enjoying all things scaly and delicious, as we spend these seven glorious day celebrating National Seafood Week.
That’s seven days of reel-ing off fish puns and getting hooked on our favourite fishy dishes. Now we think about it, that’s pretty much how we spend most of our time.
Anyway, here’s a seafood breakfast recipe that the WHOLE family will want to get in on, so get the ingredients prepped and ready for October 5th...
○ 4 x The Saucy Fish Co. Smoked Haddock fillets with Cheddar and Chive Sauce
○ 300g basmati rice
○ 300ml milk
○ 4 eggs
○ 1 large onion
○ 1 tsp ground turmeric
○ 2 bay leaves
○ 1 chilli cut into fine slices
○ 50g peas
○ Handful torn up parsley
○ Vegetable oil
1. Heat oil in a large pan and add the onion, frying for 5 mins. Add the turmeric and bay leaves, and fry for a further 2 mins.
2. Add rice and 600ml of water to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cover for 10 mins. Add in peas and cook for a further 2 mins.
3. Meanwhile, put the Smoked Haddock and bay leaves in a frying pan. Cover with the milk and poach for 10 mins. Remove the haddock fillets from milk and cut into small pieces.
4. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add in the four eggs, then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins. Cool by plunging into cold water.
5. Heat your Cheddar and Chive Sauce in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes. Once sauce is heated, peel the boiled eggs and cut into quarters. Combine the fish, eggs, rice and peas together. Add the sliced chilli and drizzle the cheddar and chive sauce over the top. Sprinkle a little parsley before serving.
Check out the National Seafood Week website here for more information and plenty of fishy inspo.