NATIONAL SEAFOOD WEEK IS HEREPosted 5 October 2017 by The Saucy Fish Co.
That wonderful week is upon us once more. From the 6th to 13th October, we will be celebrating National Seafood Week. Think Christmas for us fish fanatics, as we rejoice in all things scaly and great.
If you are in the mood to shellebrate Seafood Week with us (we can’t imagine why you wouldn’t be) then invite your friends and family round, and serve our salmon and leek filo parcels.
If you don’t have the time to be messing around with pots, pans and rolling pins, try our cheat parcels (Saucy Fish style) It is healthy and scrumptious, and can be ready in less than half an hour.
You will need;
○ 1 pack The Saucy Fish Co. Salmon with Watercress, Rocket and Crème Fraîche
○ 2 sheets of ready-made filo pastry
○ A small leek
○ 50g of butter
○ ½tbsp of parmesan
What you need to do;
1. Melt half the butter in a frying pan and add the finely sliced leek, cook until soft and put to one side
2. Melt the remaining butter and brush the two sheets of filo then placing one on top of the other
3. Cut in half
4. Place a salmon fillet on one of the filo squares, drizzling over half the dressing and half the leek mixture
5. Draw the sides of the pastry around the filling creating a parcel
6. Repeat and place the parcels on a baking tray
7. Brush over the remaining melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan
8. Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes at 190°C until the fish is cooked and the pastry is crisp and golden
9. Serve with salad or seasonal greens and new potatoes