SAUCY CHEF TIP OF THE MONTH... SPRING ONION!Posted 6 July 2017 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Put the spring back into your step, with this month’s super healthy, super tasty veggie. Yes, spring onions are at their best this July, which proves ideal as they are packed with goodness and make the perfect addition to a summer salad.
Now let’s talk a little more about those benefits. You can expect anti-bacterial properties that relive digestive discomforts and vitamin C that will boost your immune system. The vegetable has also been proven to assist with eye problems and regulate metabolism.
Get the most out of this vegetable by making our Smoked Haddock fishcakes with Cucumber, Spring Onion and Feta salad.
You will need: Serves 2
○ The Saucy Fish Co. Smoked Haddock fishcakes with Vintage Cheddar Centre
○ 1 large cucumber
○ 50g spring onions
○ 50g cherry tomatoes, halved
○ 35g of crumbled feta
○ 1 tbsp. of lime juice
○ 1 tsp. of honey
○ 1 tsp. of balsamic vinegar
○ 1 tbsp. of olive oil
What you need to do:
1. Pre heat the oven to 200°C and place in the fishcakes, to cook for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spiralise your cucumber and finely dice your spring onions. Place all in a serving bowl alongside the tomatoes.
3. Mix together the lime juice, honey, olive oil and vinegar, then pour your dressing over the serving bowl. Add the crumbled feta to the top, then serve alongside our Haddock fishcakes.