BONFIRE NIGHT DELIGHTPosted 3 November 2016 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Culinary fireworks are just as important as the outdoor variety, if you want to make your Bonfire Night go off with a bang try our salmon with black treacle glaze - you won’t believe how well this sweet treacle goes with salmon.
What you’ll need, serves 4:
○ 4 salmon fillets
○ 3 tablespoons of black treacle
○ 1.5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
○ 2 cloves of garlic
○ 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
How you make it:
STEP 1: Mix the saucy ingredients in a bowl, then pop in the salmon to marinade for 30-45 minutes.
STEP 2: Pre-heat your oven to 180 (160 if fan assisted), then roast on a foil-lined baking tray for 15 minute.
STEP 3: Serve with a delicious side of your choosing! May we suggest some fluffy rice and steamed greens?
Top Tip: Finish your seasonal spectacular with toffee apples - who can resist the traditional Bonfire dessert?
All you need is 8 apples (we like a Granny smith for this), 400g caster sugar and four tablespoons of golden syrup.
1. Wash the apples, then push a lolly stick into each one.
2. Dissolve the sugar into 100ml water, then stir in the syrup.
3. Boil the mixture until it has the consistency of toffee.
4. Be quick! Dip and roll those apples in the delicious mixture and then leave to cool.