FLEX YOUR MUSSELSPosted 7 January 2016 by The Saucy Fish Co.
With everyone hitting the gym this January, we thought we’d share with you some fascinating facts about muscles…or mussels - we mean mussels:
1. These molluscs have been used as a food source for around 20,000 years.
2. Some muscles can live up to 50 years!
3. Mussels contain liquid, meaning you don’t have to add water when steaming.
4. Female mussels are orange, while males are more creamy.
5. Mussels affix themselves to rocks using their super strong ‘beards’
6. Those little shells are full of protein, Omega 3 and vital minerals
Flex your muscles in the kitchen this month; add a small glass of white wine to a steaming pan of mussels, along with a handful of chopped shallots and parsley, for a simple French fish dish in minutes – fish minus the fuss!