EASTER IN FINLANDPosted 9 March 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Easter in Finland often means answering the door to a witch or two.
No. We’re not squidding.
Each year at Easter, children dress up as scary sorceresses to wish people a healthy year in exchange for seasonal treats (aka. enough chocolate eggs to sink a small ship). So, what does this have to do with dinner party food, we hear you ask? Well, give us a min and we’ll tell you.
This witchy tradition derives from a time when evil spirits and witches were thought to wander around the streets at Easter, getting up to all sorts of mayhem - and whilst these adorable witches are always welcome, evil witches are not so warmly embraced. People from Finland often light large bonfires during Easter to keep these less desirable sorcerers at bay.
So, to keep up with this fiery tradition, we bring you a dish that is guaranteed to cause flames in your kitchen… and prove the perfect addition to an Easter buffet! Try wrapping our Ready to Eat Salmon with Tomato and Chilli Chutney in a wrap, alongside a spicy salad.
What you need:
○ Ready to Eat Roasted Sweet Chilli Salmon with Tomato & Chilli Chutney
○ Tomato and Chilli Chutney Salmon
○ Half a red chilli, sliced and deseeded
○ Mixed Salad Leaves
○ Mixed Peppers
1. Begin chopping your peppers, chilli, cucumbers and mixed salad leaves. Mix the veg together in a bowl and add the chilli, putting it into the wraps.
2. Take the Ready to Eat salmon and flake with a fork, wrapping them inside the wraps and adding the veg. Fold the bottom first and then the sides and you have yourself a quick, flavoursome and fiery buffet addition.