SMOKED HADDOCK AND CHEESE GRATIN, COURTESY OF PINCH OF NOMPosted 3 August 2017 by The Saucy Fish Co.
You’ve had a long day at the office, you’re craving something filling and indulgent – that’s still packed with plenty of goodness.
Well, we have just the thing for you and it comes courtesy of our favourite Saucy blogger, Pinch of Nom, who has put together a Smoked Haddock and Cheese Gratin. And oh boy, it’s good.
Desperate to know how good? Try it for yourself, recipe below:
○ 1 pack Saucy Fish Co Frozen Smoked Haddock with Vintage Cheddar and Chive Sauce for 2 Syns (Syn per portion)
○ 400g Potatoes
○ 1 tbsp Fresh Chives finely chopped
○ 1 spring onions chopped
○ 1 big handful Spinach
○ Sea Salt
○ Freshly Ground Black Pepper
○ 40 g Reduced Fat Cheddar for half your HEA per portion (or 6 Syns)
What you need to do::
1. Peel and chop the potatoes, the place in a pan of boiling water and cook until you can pierce with a folk. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C and cook the haddock for 24 minutes.
2. Mash the potato, then season and add chives
3. Heat the sauce sachet in a pan of simmering water for 4 minutes
4. Put the spinach in the bottom of an ovenproof dish, then place the cooked fish on top
5. Pour the heated sauce over the fish then pipe the potato around the outside, leaving a gap in the middle
6. Sprinkle cheese in the gap, then place in a hot oven until the cheese is melted and the potato is a lovely golden brown colour.