HOW MANY SYNS ARE IN THE SAUCY FISH CO.'S SALMONPosted 4 January 2019 by The Saucy Fish Co.
HAPPY NEW YEAR you Saucy folks. We have partnered up with one our favourite Slimming World bloggers, Basement Bakehouse, to see in the new year. She’s cooked up a super healthy - and super tasty – meal, to help us undo a few of those Quality Street sins. On a separate note, she’s also shared how many syns are in each of our hero products. DOUBLE WIN.
Cook from frozen Salmon with Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing - 1 syn per serving
Cook from frozen Smoked Haddock with Cheddar and Chive Sauce - 2 syns per serving
Frozen Smoked Haddock Fishcakes with a Vintage Cheddar Centre - 5.5 syns each
Test the Slimming World waters with this super tasty Thai noodle salad, including our 1 syn Saucy Salmon, with Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing. Find the recipe with full video on her site here
○ Cook from Frozen Salmon with Chilli, Lime & Ginger Dressing
○ 2x Rice Noodle Nests
○ 2x Carrots
○ 1x Cucumber
○ Wedge Red Cabbage
○ 3tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
○ 1tbsp Sesame Oil
○ 2tbsp Soy Sauce (if making this recipe gluten free, check for a GF soy sauce or swap for 1tbsp Tahini which add 5 syns)
○ 1tsp Sesame Seeds (plus 1tsp for garnish)
○ 1x Lime (halved)
○ 1tsp Chopped Ginger
○ 1tsp Chopped Fresh Chilli
○ 15g Fresh Coriander
○ 3x Spring Onions (sliced)
1. Cook the salmon fillets as per the packet instructions, either in the bag provided or in your own foil packet.
2. Meanwhile, grate or spiralize the carrots and cucumber and chop up the red cabbage.
3. Cook the rice noodles as per packet instructions - mine soaked in boiling water for 3 minutes before being run under cold water.
4. Mix together the carrots, cucumber and cabbage with the rice noodles.
5. To make the dressing, mix together the rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, chilli, ginger and sesame seeds.
6. Add the chopped coriander and spring onions to the salad and pour your dressing over the whole lot.
7. Mix the salad together until everything is coated in the dressing and the vegetables and noodles are mixed together evenly. Portion out into individual servings.
8. When cooked, remove your salmon from the oven and top each salad bowl with one salmon fillet.
9. Heat the chilli, ginger and lime dressing as per packet instructions and divide over your salmon fillets (one pack between two fillets).
10. Garnish with sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime.