AUTUMN SLAW WITH SAUCY SALMONPosted 5 October 2017 by The Saucy Fish Co.
Yes, we may have said sayonara to summer, but do not despair because autumn brings with it an array of culinary delights.
Both fresh and filling, our autumnal take on a summer picnic dish will smoothly ease you into the colder months. So, dig out your favourite knitwear because autumn is here and it is going to be packed full of flavour!
You will need:
○ 1 pack The Saucy Fish Co. Salmon with Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing
○ 125g chunk of celeriac
○ 1 small carrot
○ ½ a small red cabbage
○ 1 small apple
○ 1 small red onion
○ 4 tbsp of mayonnaise
○ 3 tbsp of plain low fat yogurt
○ 1 tbsp of cider vinegar
○ 1 tsp of sugar
○ ¼ tsp of mustard powder
○ Salt and pepper
What you need to do:
For the slaw:
1. Meanwhile finely shred or grate the celeriac, carrot, red cabbage and apple and place to one side.
2. In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, sugar, mustard powder and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the veg with the mayonnaise mixture until the veg is evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate until required.
4. For the fish preheat the oven to 190°C and drizzle the salmon fillets with olive oil. Place in the oven until the fillets are flaky and cooked through (approximately 15 minutes).
5. Serve the fish wish a generous helping of autumn slaw and drizzle over the prepared chilli, lime and ginger dressing.