3 WAY WITH OMEGA-3Posted 11 January 2018 by The Saucy Fish Co.
It’s offishal – Omega-3s provides essential fatty acids that deliver huge health benefits; lowering inflammation, giving you tons of fibre and generally making you a smarter cookie. These little beauties can be found in oily fish and some delicious plant sources too.
But how do you get your fill? Well, why not mix it up and give your health food a serious upgrade in 2018. Here’s an omega-3-packed breakfast, dinner and a snack to get you started.
Sicilian Lemon & Dill Mayo Salmon Salad with Toasted Walnuts
○ 1 Pack of The Saucy Fish Co Ready to Eat Salmon Lemon & Dill Mayo
○ 1 cup walnuts
○ Mixed leaves (Choose your fave! We love a mix of iceberg lettuce and rocket for this baby)
○ 1 a green apple
○ Handful red radishes
1. Heat your oven to about 190°C.
2. Spread your walnuts across a baking tray and roast for 5 to 10 minutes, tossing until they’re a shade darker (and smell amazing).
3. Chop your radishes and apple, and throw into a big bowl with your leaves.
4. Top with your Saucy fish (heated if desired) and freshly toasted walnuts.
Flaxseed-Chia Seed Pancakes with Tomato and Chilli Chutney Salmon
○ 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
○ 3 tablespoons brown flaxseed, chopped
○ 2 tablespoons sugar
○ 1 tablespoon chia seeds
○ ½ teaspoon baking soda
○ 1 teaspoons baking powder
1. Combine the flour, flaxseed, sugar, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large resealable plastic bag.
2. Heat a griddle or a large skillet over medium and brush with oil.
3. Scoop spoonfuls of batter onto griddle and cook pancakes until bottoms are golden brown and bubbles form on top, about 3 minutes.